Free State / Wingshooting
The hunting area lies about 90 min north of Bloemfontein Airport and 3 hours south of Johannesburg Airport - in the heart of the wing shooting area of South Africa.
The area is a big crop farming land with mainly maze and Sunflower fields.
Pigeons and Doves
- Hunting is all year round with no bag limits.
- Peak season is 1 March to 31 May – High volume shooting of normally 500+ shots per hunter/day
- Off-peak season is 1 June to 30 September – Average volume of normally 200 to 500 shots per hunter per day
Egyptian & Spurwing Geese - Yellow & Red Bill Ducks – Shell Ducks
- Seasonal – Normally 1 May to 30 June
- Local Bag Limits apply and changes from season to season
Species in this Area
Season & Travel Details